In 1920 a group of five passionate ladies saw the need for and had the vision to create and organize the Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center Auxiliary. Our Auxiliary today is strong in membership of both women and men. Made possible through a variety of fund raising efforts, millions of dollars have been raised that has enabled the Hillcrest Auxiliary to donate equipment for hospital departments/units, provide financial support for building projects at Hillcrest, while also supporting community organizations. For information regarding joining the Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center Auxiliary and becoming a volunteer, please contact the Auxiliary & Volunteer Services Office at 254-202-9591.
Along with thousands of volunteer hours, Hillcrest Auxiliary contributions include:
* Rocking Chairs for Pediatrics and Ambulatory Care
* Closed Circuit TV Monitors
* Radioimmunossay Laboratory Instrument
* Intracranial Pressure Monitoring Equipment
* Intensive Care Equipment for Newborns
* Christmas Stockings for Newborns
* Support to Community Hospice Program
* Support to Hillcrest sponsored Health Fairs, Screenings and Blood Drives
* Gift of $150,000 towards expansion of Rehab, Obstetrics, and Nursery
* Donating Equipment to Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
* Gift of $200,000 to Children’s Services Initiative
* Gift of $350,000 to Hillcrest Children’s Hospital
* Toys for children in Physical Therapy
* Gift of $40,000 to purchase Dynamap Blood Pressure Machines for nursing units
* Pledged $500,000 to “Vision of Excellence” Capital Campaign, Renovation of
* Emergency Room and Comprehensive Rehab
* Scholarships for graduating high school volunteers
* Aesthetically upgrade of entire Herring campus
* Furnish Tiny Tot Totes to all new mothers delivering at Hillcrest ($18,000 - $20,000 per year) 4 years
* Purchase of 2 Transportation Vehicles ($25,000)
* Christmas Decorations for I35 & Women & Children’s Campus
* 100,000 pledge to the new cancer center
* Furnish complimentary camisoles for mastectomy patients.
* Purchase of rehab equipment for Skilled Nursing Facility patients.
* Support of Family Practice Clinic, Storybook Christmas, Christian Women’s Job Corp, Mission Waco, area Chambers of Commerce.
* Provide plants to inpatients during holiday seasons.
* Provide pads and pens to inpatients and surgical suite for patient/physician use (HCAHPS initiative)
Hillcrest Volunteers are members of the Auxiliary. Yearly dues are $10 per person or $15 per couple. Due are exempt upon reaching 1,000 volunteer hours. Auxiliary Fundraising events include various vendor sales, bake sales, flower sales and “Surviving in Style” Fashion Show.
2012-2013 Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center
Board & Committee Chairs:
President - Marilyn Oliva
President Elect & Fundraising Co-Chair - Gretchen McCormack
Immediate Past President & Fundraising Co-Chair - Sharon Klassen
Treasurer - Tino Oliva
Recording Secretary - Phyllis Hubbard
Corresponding Secretary - Doris Harralson
Historian - Sarah McNeely
TAHV Board Representative - Toshi Chase
Membership Chair - Ron Wilson
PUP Chair - JoAnn Uptmor
Awards & Recognition Chair - Dorene Swenson
Hospice Representative - Mary Helen Cash