Normal volunteer shifts for adult volunteers are 4 hours shifts, normally 9:00 am – 1:00 pm and 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm. All volunteer applicants should complete the “Adult Volunteer Application Form” and return it to the Volunteer Services Office at 100 Hillcrest Medical Boulevard, Waco, Texas 76712, or fax it to 254-202-9599. Following receipt of your application, you will be contacted.
Interview date scheduled
· Orientation scheduled (2 ½ hours)
o Immunizations will be administered
o Drug Screening will be performed
o All paperwork will be completed
· Following completion of the above requirements, Hillcrest will provide your green volunteer jacket/vest along with your name badge.
New legislation has recently been passed that has added new requirements for all volunteers and associates of Hillcrest. As you can see from the list of requirements below, the cost to Hillcrest is over $500 Hillcrest per volunteer. Therefore, each volunteer is required to commit to 100 hours of service within a calendar year prior to acceptance in the program.
· Background Check
· Drug Screen
· TB Test
· Hepatitis B series
· TdaP – 1 dose
· Varicella (chickenpox) – not required if you have documentation of having chickenpox)
· MMR (not required if you were born before 1957)
DRESS CODE (no exceptions)
· Green Hillcrest Volunteer Jacket (provided)
o White shirt or blouse underneath if you choose to wear one
· Khaki or White Pants or Skirts (no capris or jeans)
· Close toed shoes
Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center
100 Hillcrest Medical Blvd
Waco, Texas 76712