What is Pulmonary Rehabilitation?
A personalized treatment plan is designed to assist participants affected by lung disease to improve their health and quality of life.
What are the benefits of Pulmonary Rehabilitation?
Although lung disease cannot be cured, pulmonary rehab offers benefits such as:
· Improved quality of life
· Improved breathing effort and less breathing problems
· Decreased symptoms of disease or condition
· Increased ability to exercise
· Improved management of anxiety and depression
Who is eligible for Pulmonary Rehabilitation?
Generally covered by most health insurances for the following diagnoses with recent pulmonary function test (PFT):
· Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
· Chronic Bronchitis
· Pulmonary Hypertension
· Pulmonary Fibrosis
· Interstitial lung disease
· Lung Cancer and lung cancer surgery
· Lung volume reduction surgery before and after lung transplation
What does Pulmonary Rehabilitation offer?
· Education and support to make healthy lifestyle changes
· Breathing retraining
· Beginning and maintaining a personalized exercise plan that works for you
· Monitored and supervised exercise sessions to ensure safety of patient
· Improved communication with your doctor and healthcare providers about your progress