What is Cardiac Rehabilitation?
A personalized treatment plan which provides evaluation and instruction on physical activity, nutrition, stress management, and other health related areas. Your personal program will be adjusted on an individual basis daily.
What are the benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation?
· Live longer and lessen your chances for another heart attack
· Control heart disease symptoms such as chest pain or shortness of breath
· Stop or reverse damage to your blood vessels in your heart
· Lessen the physical and emotional effects of heart disease
· Improve your stamina and strength, getting you back to your usual activities such as work, hobbies, and regular exercise
· Improve your confidence and well-being
Who is eligible for Cardiac Rehabilitation?
Generally covered by most health insurances for the following diagnoses:
· Heart attack
· Coronary artery angioplasty or stents
· Open heart surgery such as coronary bypass or valve surgery
· Heart failure
· Heart transplant
What does Cardiac Rehabilitation offer?
· Assessment of your personal risk factors for heart and blood vessel disease
· Education and support to make healthy lifestyle changes
· Beginning and maintaining a personalized exercise plan that works for you
· Monitored and supervised exercise sessions to ensure safety of patient
· Monitoring and better control of blood pressure, lipids/cholesterol, and diabetes
· Improved communication with your referring doctor and healthcare providers about your progress following your cardiac event